Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham
Chiliz ($CHZ) world leaders in blockchain-based fan engagement, today announced a collaboration with leading blockchain ecosystem developer Enjin to create branded digital collectibles for the sports & entertainment industry including creating non-fungible tokens (NFTs) for Socios.com‘s full roster – which already includes major football clubs Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid, Galatasaray, A.S. Roma, West Ham, Independiente, and back-to-back Dota 2 esports champions OG.
Chiliz is primed to announce at least one more major partnership this month and is targeting 50 IPs by the end of 2020 from sports, esports, and the entertainment industry. Chiliz will utilize the Enjin Platform to mint Ethereum-based collectibles for partners on their new blockchain-powered fan engagement and rewards app Socios.com.
“Forged in digital entertainment, the Enjin ecosystem offers incredible opportunities to almost all industries and applications,” said Maxim Blagov, Enjin CEO. “As one of the earliest forms of entertainment, sport is a perfect fit for both our brand and our expanding collection of blockchain gamification use cases.”
“We are delighted to collaborate with Chiliz and explore a new way to gamify sports and esports fan engagement, and we look forward to working with them to produce unique collectibles that fans can cherish and enjoy.”
All Chiliz collectibles will be created using ERC-1155, a bleeding-edge Ethereum token standard developed by Enjin which is used to mint fungible and non-fungible tokens in a single smart contract. Backed by Enjin Coin (ENJ), these collectible assets will be freely tradable on the Enjin Marketplace, and purchasable with both ENJ and $CHZ.
“Earlier this year, we announced a plan to improve and expand the utility of CHZ in 2020 and beyond. We are thrilled to be working with Enjin, the world leader in this space, to bring this to fruition,” said Alexandre Dreyfus, CEO of Chiliz & Socios.com.
“We will also be launching limited-edition licensed collectibles and tokenizing the club-specific rewards and experiences offered through Socios.com. For example, if one of our partner clubs triumphs in their respective league, we can create unique tokens to celebrate the win, as well as tokens to celebrate player achievements or seasonal football prizes.”
The Enjin platform enables businesses across industries to harness the power of next-generation Ethereum assets. Currently, in early access, the platform is already being utilized by prominent organizations like Microsoft, and over 2,500 other projects have already been created on the testnet version. The team has confirmed the platform will launch publicly to Ethereum mainnet this month, allowing any developer or business to mint ENJ-backed blockchain assets with ease.
Chiliz ($CHZ) is a digital currency for sports and entertainment platforms. It fuels the world’s first scalable, tokenized voting platform, Socios.com where fans can buy, trade and execute voting rights in their sports teams. The Chiliz project has raised $66 million from some of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges and leading crypto funds in Asia, including Binance, OK Blockchain Capital, and Ceyuan Ventures. Chiliz is owned by Malta-based Mediarex Group, a global sports and entertainment organisation, which was founded in 2012. In January 2020, Chiliz announced the launch of Chiliz.net, a first-of-its-kind mobile and desktop crypto exchange for sports and entertainment assets.
Socios.com helps football clubs achieve digital transformation through blockchain technology. Socios.com is powered by the Chiliz token ($CHZ), both an ERC20 utility token on the Ethereum blockchain and BEP-2 token on Binance Chain. Fan Tokens are specific to a team or a club, and are a finite, digital asset that provides access to an encrypted, immutable ledger of voting and membership rights ownership. The tokenized fan-voting platform uses Fan Tokens, which operate on a separate permissioned side chain. The Fan Tokens are limited in number, and are fungible, meaning their ownership can be traded, and their price is driven by the market. The venture was inspired by the fan-led management frameworks or ‘socios’ of some major football clubs. Dubbed ‘Socios 2.0’, the platform simply represents the digitisation of this model of management.
In 2009, Enjin launched the Enjin Network, a gaming community platform which boasts over 20 million users. In 2017 following a successful ICO that raised $18.9 million, Enjin began building a suite of blockchain products that enable anyone to easily create, manage, trade, store, explore, distribute, and integrate blockchain assets.
Comprised of the Enjin Platform, Explorer, Wallet, Beam, and other tools and services, Enjin’s tools enable game developers and studios to utilize tokenized digital assets as part of their acquisition, retention, engagement, and monetization strategies. The Enjin ecosystem is fueled by Enjin Coin (ENJ), an Ethereum-based cryptocurrency used to directly back the value of Enjin-powered blockchain assets. For more information, visit https://enjin.io.
- Digital Monetary System Tagion Claims Open Source User-driven Networks Are The Future Of Liquidity In Crypto Assets And Fiat Digitalisation – March 11, 2020
- Caribbean Entrepreneur Builds First System That Allows You To Trade Cryptocurrency From WhatsApp – March 10, 2020
- Leading AdTech Firms Pilot World’s First Blockchain-Powered Digital Out-of-Home Advertising Campaign for Food Delivery Giant foodpanda – March 10, 2020
- Bitcoin Legend Charlie Shrem and BLOCKTV Team up to Bring Untold Stories to the Screen – February 26, 2020
- KLM To Use Blockchain to Streamline Financial Processes Thanks to Amsterdam-based Unchain and R3 – February 25, 2020
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry – February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform – February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience – February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 – February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales – February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform – February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 – February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 – February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham – February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme – February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds – February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million – February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain – February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency – February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token – February 3, 2020
Also published on Medium.
You may also like:
Digital Monetary System Tagion Claims Open Source User-driven Networks Are The Future Of Liquidity I…
Caribbean Entrepreneur Builds First System That Allows You To Trade Cryptocurrency From WhatsApp
Leading AdTech Firms Pilot World’s First Blockchain-Powered Digital Out-of-Home Advertising Campaign…