The UK Financial Conduct Authority has licensed BCB Payments Limited as the first and only crypto-focused Authorised Payment Institution in the country. The company provides business accounts and cryptocurrency market liquidity for some of the world’s largest crypto-engaged financial institutions, including Bitstamp, Coinbase, Galaxy and Tagomi.
Global digital financial services group BCB Group made the announcement today about the securing of the Authorised Payment Institution (API) licence. BCB Payments’ sister company, BCB OTC Trading SARL, is already regulated by the VQF, an SRO of FINMA, in Switzerland. Their services are aimed at cryptocurrency exchanges, market makers, brokers, investment managers, hedge funds and digital asset investment funds.
Oliver von Landsberg-Sadie, Founder and CEO, BCB Group, said:
“This regulatory approval for our firm, a leading crypto-dedicated payment service provider, is a testament to how we’re able to push ahead with digital asset innovation while remaining in full compliance with some of the most stringent regulations in force globally.”
“Our clients demand robust technology and services to continue to innovate in digital markets. We believe BCB Group is the only crypto-dedicated financial institution regulated in this way globally, positioning us for a further year of strong growth as we continue developing the quality and breadth of our services for business clients across the world.”
BCB Group is the only dual regulated institution of its kind in the UK to offer clients a complete end-to-end suite of payment processing, cryptocurrency trading and custody services accessible through a unified API-enabled platform, allowing clients to access a complete range of digital asset services in one place.
The granting of this licence by the FCA further supports BCB Group’s onboarding and servicing of global clients within its fully regulated UK and Swiss payments structure, allowing them to trade and operate frictionlessly, supporting flexibility and efficiency across both digital and traditional financial markets.
By providing unified infrastructure covering global payment rails, FX services, cryptocurrency liquidity and digital custody, BCB Group’s products have been specifically designed to cater to the needs of blockchain companies, market trading venues and buy-side financial institutions, providing much-needed core infrastructure supporting this highly technical asset class. Over the year ending 2019, the firm has demonstrated robust growth, onboarding over 140 corporate clients in 32 countries, with an average monthly volume growth of 207 percent.
Founded in the UK and developed to encompass key relationships within the UK and Swiss financial services communities, BCB Group is Europe’s leading payment services provider for cryptocurrency and blockchain institutions. BCB Group’s executive team has worked for Barclays, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Investec, Lloyds Commercial Bank, Norton Rose Fulbright, FIS and Sun Life of Canada.
- Digital Monetary System Tagion Claims Open Source User-driven Networks Are The Future Of Liquidity In Crypto Assets And Fiat Digitalisation – March 11, 2020
- Caribbean Entrepreneur Builds First System That Allows You To Trade Cryptocurrency From WhatsApp – March 10, 2020
- Leading AdTech Firms Pilot World’s First Blockchain-Powered Digital Out-of-Home Advertising Campaign for Food Delivery Giant foodpanda – March 10, 2020
- Bitcoin Legend Charlie Shrem and BLOCKTV Team up to Bring Untold Stories to the Screen – February 26, 2020
- KLM To Use Blockchain to Streamline Financial Processes Thanks to Amsterdam-based Unchain and R3 – February 25, 2020
- Scottish Blockchain Company Hypervine Signs with European Space Agency Data To Improve Efficiency And Transparency For The World’s Mining Industry – February 22, 2020
- Loyyal Signs Three Year Production Agreement with The Emirates Group for Use of Blockchain Loyalty and Rewards Platform – February 21, 2020
- Enjin Platform Enables Game Developers to Integrate Blockchain Assets Without Blockchain Coding Experience – February 18, 2020
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 – February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales – February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform – February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 – February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 – February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham – February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme – February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds – February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million – February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain – February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency – February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token – February 3, 2020
Also published on Medium.
You may also like:
Digital Monetary System Tagion Claims Open Source User-driven Networks Are The Future Of Liquidity I…
Caribbean Entrepreneur Builds First System That Allows You To Trade Cryptocurrency From WhatsApp
Leading AdTech Firms Pilot World’s First Blockchain-Powered Digital Out-of-Home Advertising Campaign…